WHAT IS AN AUSTRALIAN LABRADOODLE
WHAT IS AUSTRALIAN LABRADOODLE
An Australian Labradoodle is infused with four breeds: English and American Cocker Spaniels, The Poodle,
The Labrador, and the Irish Water Setter and also know as the Irish Water Spaniel.
Features of the Australian Labradoodle
Multigen Australian Labradoodles are truly non-shedding and hypoallergenic dogs. It is important to investigate the registered pedigrees of any breeder you intend to buy a puppy from and make sure they are breeding Australian Labradoodles certified by an Australian Labradoodle association. Many breeders produce a pedigree that they make themselves using a software, however a true Australian Labradoodle should be registered with an association to insure you are actually getting a puppy from pedigreed stock certified by an association that is other than the breeder themselves. In all our years of breeding we have not had one client share with us that their puppy provided by Bestland Australian Labradoodles has ever shed however we have had a couple in those years claim to be allergic to one of our dogs. After investigation some families found that the grass or pollen’s that their dogs pick up from going outside, the shampoos they used, the dog food they feed and dog saliva are also major contributors to allergic reactions most were properly able to avoid breaks outs or stop them entirely.
Temperament: We often get calls with Families asking if the Austarlian Labradoodle is a great family dog and are they good with children? Our answer is absolutely yes! These dogs are a heavy favorite for therapy and service dogs, and they are of course awesome family companion pets. It is our opinion compared to all other breeds out their the Australian Labradoodle is in the top 5 percent of all time best dog ever.
Here is why:
- Amazing temperaments, they are soft, loving, your shadow, playful, calm, non aggressive, very suitable for a family with children.
- They are a true mans dog and a true females dog: As a man myself these dogs offer to me the needs of being a out-doorman like dog, they love water, they like to play, they like to fetch, they like to accompany you on any and all outdoor activities. Marcela my wife, however loves indoor dogs, that cuddle, are soft, are clean, that are non-shedding, that grooming capabilities and that are very attractive. As you can see they are the best for both worlds in one dog.
- They are not a chewing, nor aggressive, nor annoying breed they are calm, relaxed, your shadow, eager and willing to go with you and follow you, they are fun, clean and a total eye catcher.
- They are amazing for therapy work, because of their soft nature and ability to just be so loving, with non shedding and allergy friendly traits it makes them a jam up working dog.
- They have a unique health history that I can say i believe is second to none, the amount of health testing that this breed goes through is amazing and proves the goals and vision of the Australian Labradoodle to not just be a beautiful, loving, working, man and or woman’s dog, but a healthy strong pedigreed dog that is bound to live out a healthy life due many generations of passing or quality health testing results.
The Heart of the Original Designers of the Australian Labradoodle and or Cobberdog
In the 1980’s and Early 90’s, Ruthland Manor and Teagan Park bred and designed the Australian Labradoodle with the goal of creating a therapy and service dog line derived and infused using a few purebred lines, those lines are the Labrador, Cocker spaniel, Irish water setter, and the Poodle. Their motivation to create this breed was initially spawned from breeding a dog that could ultimately help the blind, other challenged individuals, and provide families with awesome companion pets . Once they created the vision of this breed, they discovered that many challenged individuals with physical ailments do not have the time to deal with high maintenance dogs that require lots of exercise, as well deal with all the clean up associated with shedding that most breeds exhibit. Another issue that is associated with shedding dogs is allergies, so apart of their dream they had to breed a dog that would be non shedding and allergy friendly knowing that many challenged individuals and families who truly want a therapy or service dog especially in larger sizes due to their needs couldn’t handle adopting one due to having severe dog allergies to dandruff.